Monday, October 19, 2009

My weight loss Journey

Seems like I am always on a diet. I am always trying different things to lose the baby weight.
But Really I have been dieting off and on since I was sixteen. When I was eighteen I went to some pretty extreme measures to lose weight. At that point I was at my highest weight of 180 pounds and very unhappy. After a painful breakup I decided I was gonna stop eating and exercise as much as possible. In fact the only things I put into my body at that time were slim fast shakes, fruits, veggies, and a popular diet pill. And when I would slip up and eat something that wasn't on my diet plan I would make my self throw up. It worked I got down to 135 lbs in just a few months. But I was doing serious damage to my body. I started having chest pains and passed out once when I was at church for a meeting. I knew at that point I had taken things to far! I stopped taking the diet pill slowly... It was hard, I believe I was addicted to them. I relied on them way to much. When I was having a rough day and feeling fat I would take up to six a day and that was NOT the recommended dose. I would like to say that I was cured over night and that I stopped making my self throw up at that point but it's not true. I continued to struggle with that part until I was 20. I am still struggling with my body image today. After having two kids but have gone through 4 pregnancies, I don't feel as secure in my skin as I did at 135 lbs. But I know for sure I don't want to go back to that prison I was in when I was eighteen. I was edgy with everyone including those closest to me. I was in constant fear of being found out. I share this today because I know there are many out there that have struggled or are struggling with an eating disorder. And I want them to know they are not alone. And that you can overcome it.

1 comment: